Manchester City are closing on a deal for Barcelona Wonderkid defender Erik Garcia after he refused to sign a new contract with the Spanish giants.
Sport are reporting that the player’s representative met with Pep Segura on Thursday and told him that Garcia will not sign a new contract with Barcelona and that his future is instead in Manchester.
It’s reported that 16-year-old Eric Garcia will sign a three-year deal with Man City worth more than one million euros. It is believed that Barcelona are not prepared to match the offer and will lose the young defender.
Barcelona are believed to be disappointed about losing one of their brightest prospects who was tipped as a future star.
Centre-back Eric Garcia played for Cadete A this season and has captained the said on a number of occasions. He is the type of player Man City will be looking at due to his ability to bring the ball out from the back and his presence at set plays.
Latest posts by football-wonderkids (see all)
- Odsonne Edouard Scores on Celtic Debut - September 9, 2017
- Manchester United Intersted in Barcelona’s Xavi Simons - September 8, 2017
- Will Henry Joins Dunstable Town on Loan - September 8, 2017
- Martin Odegaard Set to Sign New Real Madrid Contract - September 7, 2017
- Brighton Sign Swedish Forward Viktor Gyokeres - September 7, 2017