Added time is an unspecified amount of minutes added to the end of each half of a football match.
A round number, usually between one and six minutes, is announced shortly before the end of each half.
The game will continue for a minimum of that many minutes, until the referee blows his or her whistle to signal the end of the match.
This time is added to prevent a team from protecting a lead by running the clock down during these stoppages of play and takes substitutions and injuries in to account.
Latest posts by football-wonderkids (see all)
- Youth News 28.6.2017 - June 28, 2017
- Youth News 27.6.2017 - June 27, 2017
- Chelsea Wonderkid Daishawn Redan Goals - June 26, 2017
- Feyenoord Wonderkid Lateef Omidiji Jr – Goals & Skills - June 26, 2017
- Video: Ryan Gravenberch • Ajax • Wonderkid Midfielder - June 26, 2017