The 6+5 rule was a proposal FIFA in 2008 to counter the effects of the Bosman ruling.
The number of foreign players fielded by European clubs had greatly increased by 2008, this rule required each club to field at least six players who are eligible to play for the national team of the country of the club.
The European Parliament prevented the rule from coming into effect in the European Union, declaring it incompatible with EU law.
Reference: 6+5 Rule
Latest posts by football-wonderkids (see all)
- Youth News 28.6.2017 - June 28, 2017
- Youth News 27.6.2017 - June 27, 2017
- Chelsea Wonderkid Daishawn Redan Goals - June 26, 2017
- Feyenoord Wonderkid Lateef Omidiji Jr – Goals & Skills - June 26, 2017
- Video: Ryan Gravenberch • Ajax • Wonderkid Midfielder - June 26, 2017