A football formation used with four defenders, five midfielders and one striker. By pushing the wingers forward, this formation can be adapted into a 4–3–3; teams frequently play 4–3–3 when they have the ball, and revert to 4–5–1 when they lose possession.
Variants include the 4–4–1–1, where a striker drops deep or an attacking midfielder pushes forward to play in a supporting role to the main striker, the 4–2–3–1, where two holding midfielders are used, the 4–3–2–1 (or Christmas Tree), which uses three central midfielders behind two attacking midfielders and 4-6-0 which utilizes four defenders and six midfielders deployed as one holding player, two wing-backs and three who rotate between attack and defence positions.
Latest posts by football-wonderkids (see all)
- Youth News 28.6.2017 - June 28, 2017
- Youth News 27.6.2017 - June 27, 2017
- Chelsea Wonderkid Daishawn Redan Goals - June 26, 2017
- Feyenoord Wonderkid Lateef Omidiji Jr – Goals & Skills - June 26, 2017
- Video: Ryan Gravenberch • Ajax • Wonderkid Midfielder - June 26, 2017