Arsenal has increased their interest in acquiring Genk midfielder Sander Berge as they look to make an £18 million bid.
The Mirror report that Arsenal scouts have been watching Berge for months and are said to have built a relationship with his representatives.
The defensive midfielder joined Genk from Norwegian side Valrenga and is capped three times for Nowary.
It is believed that Sevilla, Monaco and Everton were also interested in signing the youngster.
Speaking on Berge’s talent, Genk head coach Albert Stuivenberg remarked: “At 18 he is already very mature. He is intelligent, reads the game well, and takes the initiative. He has the potential to become a future leader.”
The defensive midfield position was a problem for Arsene Wenger last season with Francis Coquelin, Mohamed Elneny and Granit Xhaka all unable to clam a regular place in the side.
Latest posts by football-wonderkids (see all)
- Youth News 28.6.2017 - June 28, 2017
- Youth News 27.6.2017 - June 27, 2017
- Chelsea Wonderkid Daishawn Redan Goals - June 26, 2017
- Feyenoord Wonderkid Lateef Omidiji Jr – Goals & Skills - June 26, 2017
- Video: Ryan Gravenberch • Ajax • Wonderkid Midfielder - June 26, 2017